Incorrect Browser Epic Games
You might normally log in with your Steam, PlayStation, Gmail, or other associated accounts. For this workaround, you need to log in via e-mail, so you should pick “via Epic Games”. Please make sure you know the e-mail associated with your Epic Games account.
- In your Windows settings, make sure to have a default browser such as Chrome or Edge;
- Exit Epic Games via the website;
- Login into the Epic Games website using “via Epic Games”;
- Try launching the game.
You should get the authorization pop-up. If you see it, accept it, and you should be able to play Evil Dead: The Game.
Make sure that the following ports are open on your router and in the firewall:
- TCP: 8443
- UDP: 7000-8000
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
To open ports in the firewall, please do the following:
- Search for Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security;
- Open Inbound Rules and click on "New Rule..." on the right side of the window;
- Make rule ED1: Port > TCP > Specific local ports 8443 > Allow the connection;
- Make rule ED2: Port > UDP > Specific local ports 7000-8000 > Allow the connection;
- Open Outbound Rules and do the previous two steps with opening ports.
Here is a general guide on opening ports on your router. If your device is connected via Wi-Fi, please try connecting it directly with a LAN cable. Also, make sure Evil Dead the Game is added to antivirus exceptions.
Network Address Translation (NAT) is the ability of a router to translate a public IP address to a private IP address and vice versa. It adds security to the network by keeping private IP addresses hidden from the outside world.
There are several NAT types:
- Type 1 (Open): The system is directly connected to the Internet (no router or firewall), and you should have no problems connecting to other PS4 systems.
- Type 2 (Moderate): The system is properly connected through a router, and you won’t have problems.
- Type 3 (Strict): The system is connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup, and you may have problems with the connection or voice chat.
To achieve the best gaming experience, you must have NAT Types 1 or 2. Connecting your hardware directly to an internet cable or enabling UPnP on your router should help achieve the best connection.
Alternate MAC address (Xbox)
Clear the alternate MAC address following these steps:
- Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller and selecting Settings;
- Select Network Settings;
- Select Advanced Settings;
- Under Change Settings, select Alternate MAC Address;
- Select Clear;
- Allow the console to restart when prompted.
Here's a list of more things that can help with the issue:
- Disable your Firewall: Start > Control Panel > System and Seсurity > Windows Firewall;
- If you're using VPN or Proxy, try disabling them;
- Make sure nothing's interfering with your connection: Anti-Virus software, Security Applications, IP Filtering programs, and alike may be a reason the connection is not stable or blocked;
- If your device is connected via Wi-Fi, please try connecting it directly with a LAN cable;
- Try using another connection type. Mobile hotspots are one of many ways to see if that changes the situation. Please note that in some cases, the mobile connection is not stable enough for the game, so it may not show positive results.
If none of these help with the issue, please get in touch with your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.