New Save File Loading
If you found yourself loading into the game with a new save file, please try to recover the save manually:
- Go to C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage and make a backup of this folder;
- Go to C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage\backupSlots\2ace3f239920439faa6737a6ef289171 (it's a unique number for every player, so yours will be different). You will see some backup folders there;
- Open the first one and copy all the files from other folders like this:
1. Copy all files from the 2nd folder and paste them with the replacement to the 1st folder;
2. Copy all files from the 3rd folder and paste them with the replacement to the 1st folder again;
3. Copy all files from the 4th folder and paste them with the replacement to the 1st folder again;
4. And so on.
Backup Folder Corrupted
Your last backup folder can be corrupted, you can try to copy all the files from it to the first folder, but there is a chance that this will not fix the issue. In this case, ignore the last backup folder (you can use backed-up files).
- Open your main storage folder: C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage\2ace3f239920439faa6737a6ef289171;
- Delete all files from C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage\2ace3f239920439faa6737a6ef289171 folder and paste all of the files you gathered in the first backup folder: C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage\backupSlots\2ace3f239920439faa6737a6ef289171\1587673515 (this is an example of a backup folder, it will be different for you);
- Delete the backup folder: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage\backupSlots\;
- Run the game;
- Choose "Use local saves" when you run the game for the first time with the new files (if you get an error message about the file conflict), your new data will be uploaded to the cloud.