World War Z is using the following range of ports that you might want to port-forward:
Port forwarding is possible on your PC in Windows Settings and directly on your router. It's worth noting that while your PC firewall might be disabled, your router settings might restrict certain connections.
Here's a guide on how to port-forward on your PC through a firewall:
- Search for Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security;
- Open Inbound Rules and click on "New Rule..." on the right side of the window;
- Make rule WWZ1: Port > TCP > Specific local ports 11700-11710 > Allow the connection;
- Make rule WWZ2: Port > UDP > Specific local ports 48800-49000 > Allow the connection;
- Open Outbound Rules and do the previous two steps with opening ports.
Please note that while those ports may be open on your Firewall, they might be blocked by the router itself. Here's an overall guide on how to port-forward on routers.
Network Address Translation (NAT) is the ability of a router to translate a public IP address to a private IP address and vice versa. It adds security to the network by keeping private IP addresses hidden from the outside world.
There are several NAT types:
- Type 1 (Open): The system is directly connected to the Internet (no router or firewall), and you should have no problems connecting to other systems;
- Type 2 (Moderate): The system is properly connected through a router, and you won’t have problems;
- Type 3 (Strict): The system is connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup, and you may have problems related to the connection or voice chat.
To achieve the best gaming experience, you must have NAT Types 1 or 2. Connecting your hardware directly to an internet cable or enabling UPnP on your router should help achieve the best connection. Additionally, you may need to forward ports.
Alternate MAC Address (Xbox)
Clear the alternate MAC address following these steps:
- Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller and selecting Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Under Change Settings, select Alternate MAC Address.
- Select Clear.
- Allow the console to restart when prompted.
If the problem persists, you might need to contact your ISP as, in some cases, they might block specific port ranges on their side. Switching to a static IP address should also help with the issues if you have a dynamic IP address.
In this case, please, try using your mobile hotspot as your Internet source. This may help fix the connection-related problems. What is more, it can allow us to investigate potential issues on our end + verify the problem on some servers. Please, check this method as a last resort before submitting your ticket.